Thursday, September 29, 2011

Nailed

On the whole, I am not a great fan of Peter Oborne, though he can be extremely good company at times. I have never been able to understand people's easy acceptance of his pretensions to being a profound political thinker as well as a particularly astute hack. He is neither but he is an entertaining writer and performer; there are not many of those around.

What with that and not having a TV set and not liking Newsnight, anyway, I did not watch Mr Oborne's performance the other day though all accounts made me think that he was probably somewhat intoxicated, not an unusual event in a real hack's life.

However the erstwhile Boss did and commented on it. His view, as is to be expected, differs sharply from the drooling most eurosceptics have produced. Experience of Mr Oborne, Newsnight (a long time ago) and eurosceptic logical fallacies make me inclined to accept what EUReferendum says.

4 comments:

  1. He did overstep the mark a bit by constantly calling the EU man an "idiot" but I can't deny I enjoyed it when the EU man flounced off in the middle of the segment. If only they would all go away so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not like they need to win debates with drunken and ignorant journalists. They are in power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "... he was probably somewhat intoxicated, not an unusual event in a real hack's life."

    That's Lunchtime O'borne then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't possibly comment, Budgie.

    ReplyDelete