Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tax Freedom Day 2011

An e-mail from the Adam Smith Institute tells us that Tax Freedom Day 2011
"falls on 30 May this year. That's three days later than last year, thanks almost entirely to the rise in VAT. It's now up to 20p in the £. Thinking about it, 20p in the pound seems to be roughly what we're left with after the government's had its slice. Wouldn't it be nice to have a government that lived within its means, not yours?"
The trouble with governments and politicians that they do not have a clear idea of the difference between meum and tuum. Bring back classical education, say I.

1 comment:

  1. FYI, I was just looking for info on US Tax Freedom Day and found this UK page. You might be interested to see the UK Tax Freedom Clock at:

    http://actionamerica.org/taxecon/uktfdwebwidget.shtml

    It's a live web widget that can be posted on most personal websites, blogs and forums that allow embed code. That includes blogspot. However I think that blogspot limits such embedding to only posts by the blog owner, but I'm not really sure on that.

    I just thought you might be interested.

    FYI, although I am from the USA, I did live in London (Pimlico) for some time.

    Cheers...

    ReplyDelete